Welcome to the first episode of Collective Choices!
Lars Strömgren is Vice Mayor for Transport and Urban Environment in Stockholm, Sweden.
We're talking about:
- why transport solutions also include decreasing transport, not just facilitating it
- the time when Stockholm had more cyclists than Copenhagen
- electric boats as buses
- winter cycling
- what the recent EU resolution to adopt a cycling strategy means
- summer streets and play streets
- how city planning is a bit like Hamlet
- the essence of a city
This episode was recorded in the Stockholm City Hall, a gorgeous building that should be on your must-see list in case you visit Stockholm.
To get a sense of how cycling in Stockholm looks like, you can find a few photos I took here: https://www.doruoprisan.com/cycling/
Collective Choices is a podcast by Doru Oprisan, exploring sustainable choices for a better future and the process of agreeing on those choices.
Thanks for listening! Sharing is helpful and appreciated.
Get in touch: