Ep. 7 of Collective Choices was recorded in Uppsala, Sweden, with Marie Pellas, mobility expert and winner of the Traffic Award for 2023.
We talk about:
- how do you win a traffic award
- living an (almost) car free life with kids
- how the size of a city, its design and the options available influence travel choices
- you need infrastructure to change behaviors, but you have to feel the change before you know you want it
- how politicians are open to build new infrastructure, but not to prioritize differently in the existing one
- why the planners should navigate the city without their car
- a mother’s experience with the beg button
- trying to explain to children why the infrastructure is against them and why they are blamed
- how municipalities reacted to the energy prices and why the attitude will change regarding the transportation sector as well
Marie works at Mälardalen Energikontoret:
Collective Choices is a podcast by Doru Oprisan, exploring sustainable choices for a better future and the process of agreeing on those choices. Thanks for listening and sharing!
Help me continue this podcast:
Get in touch: