As we re-discover the importance of local communities, a Helsinki based startup proposes a tool for basically everything regarding information and communication in a city or a neighborhood. Or any location, actually.
I talked to Superhood's founder, Markku Mehtälä, about this modern agora:
- it's a social discovery hub for all things local
- it aggregates local information sources, solving a major communication problem for cities
- you follow a location instead of other persons
- it only allows locals to post and discuss, reducing the noise and increasing involvement, while outsiders can follow a location
- it creates an informed community that is more engaged and better connected to the authorities that manage the area
- it is a bulletin board for local businesses and entrepreneurs, enabling them to easily find an audience
More about Superhood:
This episode was recorded in Stuttgart, at the Urban Future conference.
Collective Choices is a podcast by Doru Oprisan, exploring sustainable choices for a better future and the process of agreeing on those choices. Thanks for listening and sharing!
Help me continue this podcast:
Get in touch: